Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Leaf, Nelson, Pike, Zais, and Zappa. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Public Works Director, Patrick Moos; Village Attorney, Terry Dunst; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Village Administrator/ Clerk, Melissa Luedke; and Deputy Clerk/Treasurer, Jessica Lehman.
2. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve the Regular Board minutes of January 2, 2018. Motion carried.
3. Comments from Tom Coulter.
4. Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke
5. a) Plan Commission update by Chair Miser.
b) Motion (Zappa/Head) to approve the Conditional Use Permit Application of Stephen J. McFarland-Storage Associates and St. Croix Storage and Transfer, to construct a 6 foot high chain link fence around existing businesses at 207, 215, 247, and 239 Monroe Street N. PIN #161-2022-90-000, 161-2022-80-000, 161-2022-50-000, 161-2022-40-000, with the following conditions: 1) All applicable local and state permits shall be obtained prior to commencing construction. 2) This Conditional Use Permit does not authorize fence construction along Galahad Rd N., except for 2017 Monroe which will run from the northwest corner of the property line along Galahad Rd N., with a gate access, to a point perpendicular to the northwest corner of the existing building. 3) Galahad Road N will not be used as ingress or egress for semi-trucks, trailers, and/or dock trucks. 4) The six (6) foot high chain link fencing will appear to be at least 75% open as viewed from the abutting streets. 5) Fencing will be setback from Wisconsin Street N., so as not to disrupt the vision triangle at Wisconsin Street N and Galahad Rd N. 6) The fence will not be electrified and will not contain barbed wire. 7) Ingress and egress to storage units will be through the gate at Wisconsin Street N. 8) A 24/7/365 access method will be installed and access instructions/codes/keys distributed to North Hudson Police Department, North Hudson Public Works, Hudson Fire Department, and St. Croix County Sheriff's Department. Motion carried.
c) Motion (Zappa/Head) to approve the Conditional Use Permit Application of Stephen J. McFarland-St. Croix Storage and Transfer, to construct a new office building for existing businesses at 247 Monroe Street N, PIN #161-2022-50-000, with the following conditions: 1) All applicable local and state permits shall be obtained prior to commencing construction. 2) The proposed office building shall meet all required building setbacks. 3) Exterior appearance of building will be of an earth-tone color or similar to existing building colors (aged red brick). 4) Parking shall consist of one (1) space per employee, plus two to five (2 to 5) spaces for customers. Parking spaces shall conform to North Hudson Code, section 98-105. Motion carried.
6. Motion (Zappa/Leaf) to approve the December 2017 non-recurring claims of $10,035.89 and February 2018 non-recurring claims of $79,139.46. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Leaf-yes, Zais-yes, Zappa-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Head-yes, Nelson-yes.
7. Public Works did not meet.
8. Public Safety Committee did meet and there were no actionable items.
9. Public Welfare did not meet.
10. Park Board did not meet.
11. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 7:14 p.m.
Jessica Lehman, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
_____________________________________ (Pub. 03/15/18) WNAXLP