Library column: St. Patrick's Day programs at the library
The Hudson Area Public Library has two programs planned around St. Patrick's Day this week.
Teens and tweens are invited to the library 4-6 p.m. Friday, March 16 for St. Patty's Pi Day - a special program to celebrate Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day in one event. We'll be eating the traditional Pi Day pie and watching the Irish animated film, "Song of the Sea."
Wear your dancing shoes and bring your Irish spirit to the library on March 17 at 1 p.m. for a special St. Patrick's Day event. The Rince na Chroi Irish Dancers from St. Paul will be giving a demonstration and a little Irish dancing lesson.
Rince na Chroi (pronounced Rink-a na Cree), Gaelic for "dance of the heart," was founded by Katie Stephens Spangler in 2003 and is located in St. Paul. The dance troupe has grown from about 15 to over 150 since then. They have performed all over the Twin Cities and the Midwest at events such as the Irish Fair of Minnesota, the Flint Hills International Children's Festival, Grand Old Days, Milwaukee Irish Fest, and many more.
The school offers classes for all ages and skill levels, including adults and a summer dance camp. You can visit their website, rincenachroi.com/ to see all their classes and schedule of upcoming performances.
This is an event for all ages. Hope you can join us!
To learn more about these programs you can visit our website, www.hudsonareapubliclibrary.org, or call us at 715-386-3101.
• St. Patty's Pi Day, Friday, March 16, 4-6 p.m. Celebrate Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day combined! We'll eat pie and watch "Song of the Sea." Ages tween-teen.
• Rince na Chroi Irish Dancers, Saturday, March 17, 1-1:45 p.m. The Rince na Chroi Irish Dancers from St. Paul will be giving a demonstration and a little Irish Dancing lesson. For all ages.
• STEAM for Tweens! Watercolor Art, Tuesday, March 20, 6-7 p.m. Discover how to make professional-looking watercolor paintings with an easy technique - tissue paper! We'll provide the supplies, you bring your imagination. While our work dries, we'll learn about some of the world's most famous watercolor art and artists. Registration required.
• Library Board Meeting, Tuesday, March 20, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.
• Homeschool STEAM for Tweens! Watercolor Art, Thursday, March 22, 11 a.m. to noon. Discover how to make professional-looking watercolor paintings with an easy technique - tissue paper! We'll provide the supplies, you bring your imagination. While our work dries, we'll learn about some of the world's most famous watercolor art and artists. Registration required.
• Macrame Owl Wall Hanging, Thursday March 22, 6-8 p.m. Make a macrame owl wall hanging. Bring back the 70's! Ages 14+. Registration required.
• Fourth Friday Film - "Coco" (PG), Friday March 23, 3:45-6 p.m. We'll provide the popcorn! All ages welcome!
• Game Day, Saturday, March 24, 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Join us for a variety of board games. There will be special Tolkien-themed games in honor of Tolkien Reading Day. All ages welcome!
Lunar Chronicles Teen Book Club; "Cress" by Marissa Meyer, Monday, March 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Book discussion and snacks. For teens.
Open Lab Time: Monday - Thursday noon-7 p.m., Friday 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.